Frank Schröder created an entirely new, radical technique to decrease friction in captured bearings. The resultant experimentation generated a coefficient of friction lower than anything ever published. This is complemented with a new multilayer carbon fibre wand, establishing a new level in tonearm design.
Constrained layer damping and material transitions are used throughout the design to tune and separate sources from the impeding mechanical movement in the device. The end result is no discernible sonic fingerprint is added to your system by the wand.
THE CB TONEARM FEATURES SEVERAL UNIQUE TECHNOLOGIES AND SOLUTIONS
- Magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid bearings eliminating bearing chatter completely, guaranteeing constant rigid structural coupling and silent ultra-low friction movement.
- Unique system for lateral movement damped by eddy current induction.
- Extremely low bearing stiction/friction through the use of magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid ball bearings.
- Symmetrical mass distribution around the central bearing axes prevents external excitation to cause any cantilever deflection.
- The geometry and mass balance prevents change in VTF when altering VTA.
- Bearing for vertical movement is on the same plane as the record, so the arm is immune to warp wow effects.
- Wiring harness with extremely low dielectric losses allows usage of any MM cartridges with proper capacitive coupling to the phonostage.
- Symmetrical layout of the conductors preventing RF and EMI entering your preamplifier.
- Multi-layer arm wand construction using carbon fiber and other composites create extreme torsional and bending stiffness with very high internal damping factors. This prevents any signal reflection back into the cartridge.
- A dual section counterweight is incorporated with an adjustable damping system. This allows tuning of structural vibration adsorptions to prevent signal reflection across the arm wand,
- Magnetic anti-skating – dynamic compensation for the varying skating forces across the record.
The CB tonearm is designed to reject vibrations conducted through the mounting plate that originate from other turntable components such as; the motor, plinth, bearing, and airborne feedback.
The premise is to integrate a stiff, balanced mass structural coupling to the chassis.
This effectively eliminates external excitation by generating equal forces to all sides of the arm, maintaining the dynamic stability of the system and preventing a deflection of the cantilever.
SCHRÖDER CB TONEARM TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Arm wand Type
*Wood (Gloss finish)
*Carbon Fiber (Gloss finish)
* 9-inch Wand
* 12-inch Wand
* 239.3 mm
* 282.0 mm
Pivot To Spindle Distance
* 222.0 mm
* 267.48 mm
* 17.3 mm
* 14.52 mm
Effective Mass with supplied cartridge-mounting plate
* 9-inch arm wand 14 g, 19 g with optional heavy cartridge mounting plate
* 12-inch arm wand 18 g, 23 g with optional heavy cartridge mounting plate
Mounting Collar: 24-25 mm arm stand with single M6 tapped mounting hole
Raised bearing technology Ceramic hybrid bearings: > 2 mg vertically, > 3.5 mg horizontally
Type Neutral balance arm, no change in VTF when altering VTA or record thickness.
Internal magnetic damping for horizontal movement.
√ Offset angle
√ *Frictionless, resonance free magnetic anti-skating up to 2.3 g
High purity copper wiring, 1m from arm to RCAs (additional lengths upon request).
Dual section counter weight. Lower counterweight can optionally be exchanged for a lighter or heavier cylinder in order to increase/decrease the total counterweight mass without altering the overall mass distribution of the arm.
Adjustment to a fundamental arm cartridge resonance frequency of 8-12Hz yields optimal performance of the system.
Metal color: Black